[mythtv] Green bar at bottom of picture after transcode

Tj NG htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 30 04:38:37 UTC 2005

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

>Probably, I don't know it though.
>
>I've never done anything with these functions.
>
>But checking if this is a transcode problem is just a matter of
>playing one of the files in an outside player.

with today's CVS, the last commit being "danielk on Fri Apr 29 22:00:29
2005", the greenbar is gone but the picture still isn't correct - the
last 10 pixels of so is from previous frames.

Here are the symptons:
1) mythweb preview image is jumbled up and the greenbar is there
2) The first second of so in the little preview window in "My recording"
is jumbled up and green bar at the bottom, afterwards it's ok
3) When watching live tv, the first second of so is jumbled with the
bottom greenbar, afterwards its ok.
4) Playing of original recording is fine (using internal myth player and
xine)
5) When you transcode the recording, some pixels at the bottom appears
to be from previous frames, but there are no more greenbar. The
transcoded recording cannot be played by xine or mplayer.
6) When you nuvexported the transcoded recording, the bottom pixels also
come from previous frames when played with xine (no more green bars as [5]).

One or more of the following files commited on the 24 started the
problem.. Any idea which file(s)? I'm thinking of diffing each file but
to be honest I can only guess what these classes do, could it be
avformatdecoder, videobuffer or one of the videoout classes?

U mythtv/libs/libmyth/DisplayRes.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmyth/DisplayRes.h
U mythtv/libs/libmyth/libmyth.pro
U mythtv/libs/libmyth/mythcontext.h
U mythtv/libs/libmyth/qmdcodec.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmyth/qmdcodec.h
U mythtv/libs/libmyth/settings.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmyth/settings.h
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.h
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.h
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/decoderbase.h
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videobuffers.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videobuffers.h
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_directfb.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_directfb.h
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_dx.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_dx.h
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_null.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_null.h
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_quartz.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_quartz.h
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.h
cvs checkout: `mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_xvmc.cpp' is no longer in
the repository
cvs checkout: `mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videoout_xvmc.h' is no longer in
the repository
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videooutbase.cpp
U mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videooutbase.h
U mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,
Tj