[mythtv] Digital subtitle support

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sat Apr 30 01:14:22 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,

I've been following MythTV's progress fairly closely - I've got my own
MythTV box, works nicely, but it's of a nasty set up as I have an
external Freeview (DVB) box plugged into a PVR350 and I have to set
MythTV to record at 6mb/s as compressing the picture twice doesn't work
wonders for picture quality.  Why not just get a DVB card I hear you
ask.  My main sticking point is that there apparently is a lack of
digital subtitle support.  As I'm Deaf, I require subtitles to be able
to watch and enjoy programmes/films etc and would like to use a DVB card
to cut out the double compression steps.  From my experience, a lot of
people prefer to be able to see subtitles and I think this feature would
benefit everyone greatly if it were available?

Thanks very much for reading this

Cheers - Piers