[mythtv] recording length wrong

Eric Thelin eric.thelin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 07:57:50 UTC 2005

Sometimes my recording will report the correct length but most of the
time it is wildly longer.  Like a one hour show may report 1 hour, 2
hours, or even three hours.  All fast forward and rewind operations
work as if the reported time is accurate.  I have been having this
issue for a while now.  I have tried various versions of ivtv.  I am
currently using ivtv-0.2.0-64_rc3f.rhfc2.at.i386.rpm with a pvr250 .
My recording quality is not very good either.  I have seen many posts
about how great the quality of the pvr250 is but I don't see it.  I
get studders semi-frequently.  I am reasonably sure I have something
setup wrong.  The only setting that comes to mind is the "Stream Type"
 I have it set to DVD-special 1.  Why?  I don't know.  I have tried
various settings at times and that is just where it got left.  Can
someone tell me if one type is better than another?  Or any ideas what
tould cause the messed up time information and the studdering?

Eric