[mythtv] DVB channel won't scan

Trey Boudreau trey at treysoft.com
Mon Apr 25 16:42:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:34:07AM -0400, Taylor Jacob wrote:
> Quoting Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org>:
> > The issue he's having isn't doing scanning.  It's that a station, which
> > was properly set up once, suddenly won't record because it stopped
> > sending TVCT.  They *are* sending PAT/PMT but their PSIP generator has
> > stopped inserting any PSIP whatsoever.  This is a problem that needs to
> > be fixed at the station, but is typical of the teething pains we're
> > seeing now (as you know).  I think current DVB would be more immune to
> > this problem than current v4l because you do some caching and don't
> > necessarily need the TVCT.
> I guess the subject is wrong then..
No.  I put in what I meant.  I (the original poster) can't get the
channel in question to complete the scan so that I get a usefully
populated database for this channel.

> The VCT is not required to record once its cached in DVB.. If it is
> show me how, because I was not aware of any requirements for that..
> All that is require to fire up the recorder is the PAT and PMT.. Now
> if the cached VCT is different from whats present in the stream now
> thats a different story..
I'd appreciate any clues on faking a table entry (or pointers about
where to hack in default audio and video PID).

> Taylor
-- Trey "I just want to record StarTrek: Enterprise" Boudreau