[mythtv] DVB channel won't scan

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Mon Apr 25 01:42:56 UTC 2005

> Your carrier is not sending PSIP at all.. There is supposed to be data on the
> 1FFB PID, and that is why the scan is hanging..

This happened again tonight on WFXT (Boston area FOX affiliate).  There
needs to be a workaround for this: I'm perfectly willing to deal with
the extra space taken up by recording the entire transport stream; I'm
not willing to deal with a zero-byte file in place of the program I
wanted to watch.

Doug, how difficult would it be to switch to TS recording after 15
seconds of no data on the attempted PS recording?  If it's a lot, I will
do some digging myself, but pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle