[mythtv] On screen menus offset to right on live tv

Charlie Smurthwaite netmaster10000 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 09:58:06 UTC 2005

--- Roger James <roger at beardandsandals.co.uk> wrote:
> Since moving to 0.18 and switching to tv-out on an
> Nvidia card. I have
> noticed that the on screen menus and channel
> information frequently appear
> offset to the right on some sometimes chopping the
> roght hand edge of the
> display. Sometimes a channel will start with the
> displays correctly
> positioned and then they will move to right some
> time later. This appears to
> be related to a change of aspect ratio in the
> broadcast stream. Some random
> series of events will then reset it. I think
> switching away from the DVB
> tuner to an analogue one helps.
>

> I have had a quick look through the lists but cannot
> see any obvious
> references to this.
>

> Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?
>

> Have I missed some configuration option that may
> help stop it?
>

> The only thing I think may affect it is that I now
> have the aspect ration
> override set to "fill".
>

> I have never bothered with the aspect ration stuff
> before because it did not
> seem to work on PVR-350 tv-out that I was using
> then.
>

> Roger

I had this same trouble when the dvb aspect ratio
changed (either as a result of changing chanel or
between adverts and programs). I use UK freeview as i
imagine the original auther of this post does. The
problem only occurs for me when using a forced aspect
ratio of fill, however changing the ratio back do
something different than fill does not correct the
problem.
However, using a cvs build (10/04/05) i am not having
the problem. I am therefore surprised that this
problem is apearing in 0.18.

  Charlie