[mythtv] mfd RSTP

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Fri Apr 22 01:48:37 UTC 2005

On Thursday 21 April 2005 09:10 pm, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:
> I tried out the mfd speakers feature.  Seems to work great (It
> discovers the host automagically?!?!?).   However, if I have the mfd
> speakers playing and tune vlc to the same host on another machine, they
> are not in sync like they were when I was using vlc on both hosts.  Is
> this a known issue?

 This is a known issue.

 I plan to dig around in the vlc code and try and figure out what they're
doing that causes so much lag in vlc output. Not sure I want to match the lag
though, as it makes things far less responsive.

 The point is that now those "speakers" can be on any mfd host. And you'll
shortly be able to turn them on and off with the mfe. And those stay in sync,
at least with my limited testing thus far :-)

- thor