[mythtv] TS/PS & commercial flagging (Was: Bug? HD-3000 DVB driver

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Apr 21 03:13:40 UTC 2005

> Chris Edwards wrote:
> > * John Patrick Poet (john at BlueSkyTours.com) wrote:
> >
>   *SNIP*
> >> ... The amount of time between
> >>the detected commercial marker, and where it should have been, grows as
> >>the position in the show increases.
> >

> > I had the same problem, with a DVB card. I fixed it a couple of days ago
> > by making it record in TS mode. Now it works beautifully. My guess is
> > the conversion from TS->PS screws something up. It also presents itself
> > as a jump when pausing and unpausing.
> >
> > Chris
> Poorly performing commercial flagging was also miraculously cured
> for me by switching PS -> TS (DVB).
> It's a *beautiful* thing.

Glad it's working for you guys.  I have noticed something similar but
haven't tracked it down yet.  Last night I was working on a patch and
was testing flagging on a few shows and then going into the editor and
seeing how accurate the flagging was.  The frame numbers displayed in the
editor and the frame number that mythcommflag had were different.  I
didn't go through the whole file, but at the beginning of the video, they
were off by 3 frames I believe.  mythcommflag gets its frame number from
videoOutput->GetLastDecodedFrame()->frameNumber.  Maybe it's something in
the null video driver, but it does cause frames to be off sometimes it
appears in non-DVB cases.  These are MPEG2 recordings from M179 cards.
I'll continue looking, but just wanted you guys to know that something
like this is appearing elsewhere just in case you noticed you were still
off by a few frames.

--
Chris