[mythtv] Video Output patch (incl. Windows & OSX) v11

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Thu Apr 21 02:06:30 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 10:26 +0930, Ian Dall wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson writes:
>  > On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 00:08 +0930, Ian Dall wrote:
>  > > I have just tested this with current cvs and get the following problems:
>  > >
>  > > Live TV doesn't work at all with or without xvmc:
>  > Did this work with V11? If not, which version of the patch broke this
>  > for you?
> I backed out the xvmc patch and rebuilt. The Live TV problem remains
> (ie is NOT due to this patch).
Is this a digital source? If so try backing out the recent changes in DTVRecorder
that changed the keyframe detection.

> OK. I guess I need to do a "debug" build to get a meaningful backtrace.
Yep, that is always good to do when testing patches.

> I've been following this for a while, and it is difficult when the cvs
> base is continually evolving to relate cause and effect, but patch 4,
> with the cvs at that time (around April 8) was a peak in useability/stability.
Wow, that was a long time ago. If you can narrow down which version gave
you what problem that you experience with the current version this would
help. To apply old patches, just check out the cvs from the a time
shortly after the patch was mailed to the mailing list.

-- Daniel