[mythtv] Qt based replacement for wget

Holger Buchfink avalanche at beyondmonkey.com
Wed Apr 20 00:52:59 UTC 2005

Isaac Richards wrote:
> I just wish the Qt http classes supported authentication..  I think the
> existing httpcomms class does all this but the session-ids.

Hmm, never looked into that, but I couldn't resist doing a quick google
and found this interesting snippet. Can it be that simple?

// base64 authentication header
if ( endpoint_.hasPassword() && endpoint_.hasUser() )
{
     QCString auth = QCodecs::base64Encode( QCString( endpoint_.user() +
                              ":" + endpoint_.password() ) );
     header.setValue( "Authorization", QString( "Basic " ).append( auth.data() ) );
}

I think it really is that simple, of course I haven't tried it out..
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.0/draft-ietf-http-spec.html#BasicAA

Now what's that shiny looking thing over there...

Holger