[mythtv] FastForward & Rewind with UK DVB

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 19:06:01 UTC 2005

> It's quite possibly the ff/rew code; there were a few threads recently
> discussing this for us analog guys as well, though Geoff Kruse
> reported that issue gone and another (worse) one surfaced after
> applying Daniel Kristjansson's video output patch ("Video Output patch
> (incl. Windows & OSX)").

This patch does "fix" the freezing, ie I am able to fast forward and
rewind with it applied.  However, it seems the underlying issue is not
fixed by the patch, just the symptom.  I personally think it is better
to be able to fast forward and have a log full of crap than not to be
able to fast forward at all.  If you are feeling adventurous, I would
encourage others who are seeing this issue to try the patch mentioned
and see if you get the same results I did.  This may help narrow down
the problem to a place where it can be easily fixed.

Just my $0.02

Geoff