[mythtv] Re: [patch] XMLTV timestamps, TimeOffset and mythfilldatabase

Sun Apr 17 01:52:11 UTC 2005

Hi all,

   Now that 0.18 is out, can someone apply this fix?

Patch is available on the first email in this thread, or here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_attachment;
postatt_id=7026;list=mythtv

Changes:

  - Combines the addTimeOffset() and fromXMLTVDate() functions in
mythfilldatabase so we have one XMLTV time parser (and we no longer
parse, unparse and then re-parse timestamps)
  - Changes the meaning of a missing XMLTV timezone spec to mean UTC
instead of local time (in line with the XMLTV spec). Setting the
mythtv-setup TimeOffset value to "None" will allow people to achieve
the old effect - the timestamp interpreted as local time.
  - Makes "Auto" TimeOffset setting do the conversion to local time for
each program separately. This uses the new conversion routine added to
handle the recent Qt timezone weirdness.

Thanks,

Will        :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 9385 6357               Computer Science and Engineering