[mythtv] mythFM madness.

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 16:34:40 UTC 2005

Well, here's my idea of a menu:

1) Watch
2) Record
3) Setup (which can be left as is, there isn't much reason to change that)

Under "watch"
- Live TV
- DVD
- Recorded (no difference between recorded from TV, or recorded from
other sources)

Under "record"
- Rip DVD
- Rip music (FM or CD or DVD audio)
- Record TV  (fewer recording types would be nice, like EPG and show
list only accessible via UI, search via mythweb. WAF benefits here)

It would also be nice if there were a list of functions available
under the info and menu buttons whenever an item were highlighted...
much like how there is info on possible actions at the bottom, but
with some info as to what tasks are possible as well.

Overall, I think it would be a simpler and friendlier UI - even if not
quite as powerful. I think the details should be hidden away via
mythweb.

But... whatever. I'm not real passionate one way or another. :)