[mythtv] .18 configuration script

Marcel Meier linux at meiersos.ch
Fri Apr 15 18:37:07 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, 15. April 2005 20.29 schrieb Isaac Richards:
> On Friday 15 April 2005 02:24 pm, clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> > Since I am a user and not the noble Isaac Richards, Ill assume I am
> > illiterate too.
> >
> > But with my poor reading skills, it would seem to me, that the original
> > posting was a BUG REPORT, and should be taken as such.
> > The fact that there is a way to work around is irrelevant...
> > I would have just edited the config.h file and gone from there.
> > But then I guess Im in the group that is illiterate...
>
> How's working properly a bug?  It's doing exactly what it's supposed to be
> doing.
>
> Isaac

Your too quick man, that was the first part of my message too.

And your first post included the relevant part which should have stopped the hole
discussion: You said
----------------------------
Read ./configure --help

Isaac
And when I read ./configure --help I see the following:

--enable-proc-opt        enable processor specific compilation

I'm not native English speaking but I understand what "enable processor specific compilation"
means, and everyone who uses CVS should also understand..

Marcel

PS: this not reading anything befor asking questions is something not unique to the
mythtv community - sadly