[mythtv] mythFM madness.

mythtv at merkx.demon.nl mythtv at merkx.demon.nl
Fri Apr 15 18:05:19 UTC 2005

Well, I've had it working on a PVR350, but not fully automatically:

You need to start an 'aplay -f dat </dev/video24' as described in the file
README.radio in the doc directory of the ivtv driver.

Tuning/scanning works, although scanning does not pick up very many
stations, even with a very low sensitivity setting (or whatever it's
called in the MythFM settings), so it only really works when setting the
frequencies manually. I've only managed to get mono sound out of it.

I think both issues are driver-related. Also, the radio only works on my
oldest PVR350; the most recent one has a newer tuner and cannot pick up
any stations. This is a V4L tuner issue.

It would be great if a similar module could make into the supported
modules, but I'm not quite the person to code such a thing...
(current level of quality of MythTV is way higher than any code I
produce ;-))

Regards,
Stanley.