[mythtv] EPG wordwrap inconsistency

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Wed Apr 13 13:06:55 UTC 2005

I've discovered an inconsistency in the way program names get wrapped
in the EPG. From Live TV, if I hit "S" to view the schedule, it looks
like:

| The Daily...|
|             |
|             |

whereas, if I use Schedule Recordings->Program Guide, I see:

| The Daily   |
| show with   |
| Jon Stewart |

The first case happens regardless of how many rows I set the EPG to
display, and despite the fact that there is plenty of room for
additional lines of text.

I also have a suggestion that may not be too easy to implement, so I
understand that it may be really far down on the list. If I have the
"show channel logos" option turned off, the EPG still has a blank
space allocated for the logo, which unnecessarily takes up horizontal
space that could be better used by the program data. Having just
switched to a 640 x 480 display, I suddenly realize how much every
pixel counts in the EPG.
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"