[mythtv] [exp. patch] xv xvmc merge (v7)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Wed Apr 13 13:21:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 07:25 +0100, Terry Barnaby wrote:

> One little thing on this.
> Do you plan to use the libXvMCW library so that a single MythTv
> binary can support XvMCVld and XvMC acceleration ?
> I note that there are some defines (USING_XVMC_VLD) for using
> VLD acceleration at the moment ...

The configure script is already using XvMCW when available. But,
as you note, there are still some USING_XVMC_VLD specific things
in there. I've been working on reducing those, but it's not my
intention to fix that problem entirely in this patch. We will
probably need to add a 3rd set of defines for XvMCW to support
both VLD and regular XvMC. We also will need to distinguish
between the two within the code, link differently, initialize
differently, etc.

--
Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cat.nyu.edu>