[mythtv] [exp. patch] xv xvmc merge (v7)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Mon Apr 11 21:23:28 UTC 2005

I've updated the xv/xvmc merge patch with the help of some VLD
debugging by Ivor Hewitt. Hopefully this version functions with

The patch is at:

I've also continued to clean-up the buffer init code, and I've
made the buffer management a little more aggressive. When
AGGRESSIVE_BUFFER_MANAGEMENT is defined (the default in this
patch) videoout_xv reclaims buffers as soon as their children
are done rendering, instead of waiting until the children are
done displaying. Also with AGGRESSIVE_BUFFER_MANAGEMENT we
don't sync the past and future frames in DrawSlice, which
means less time is spent holding their frame locks. Finally,
I've lowered XVMC_OSD_NUM from 3 to 2, which seems sufficient
for OSD buffering.

Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cat.nyu.edu>