[mythtv] mythFM madness.

Colin Smillie csmillie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:51:36 UTC 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 11:19 AM, Jason M. Sullivan <jsullivan at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> A little Googling led me to the sources for mythFM, and I started making a
> stab at getting it compiled, if not working.  The compile bombs out with
> the following message...

Can you send around the link to download mythFM?  I tried to google it
but there appeared to be a few versions.  Its not in CVS so I imagine
is relatively immature.

> [mythtv at mythtv mythFM]$ make
> cd mythFM && make -f Makefile
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mythtv/mythFM/mythFM'
> g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPREFIX=\"/usr\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/mkspecs/default -I.  -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/include -o main.o main.cpp
> main.cpp:1:18: qdir.h: No such file or directory
>
> Now, I've got qt-devel installed, and qdir is in...
>
> ./usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qdir.h

What distribution are you building on?

> PS: Wouldn't it be great to have some sort of python interface to the
> MythTV system.  I'll admit to knowing nothing (yet) about the internals,
> but it seems that for low requirements things like this, and the weather
> pluging that's going to require recompilation everytime a web address
> changes, it would be ideal.

I was thinking about the other day with respect to Freevo.  They seem
to have a good python based UI and maybe it could be modified to be
used as a frontend for Myth.  From what I've read they've had a number
of issues with backend too.

Colin