[mythtv] Audio sync problem with recent CVS build

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Apr 10 21:08:43 UTC 2005

>>I've attached the frontend log output in case it helps - the only
>>thing in there that I noticed that is new is the use of OpenGL vsync
>>support. Previous ATrpms builds have not had that and so RTC timing
>>has been used.
>>

>There's a reason that that defaults to off.

FYI: I get lots of segfaults with ogl sync.  I haven't had time to debug
it, but I did do some backtraces a month or two back.   Actually, for me
the RTC is not smooth either - I think it's because the 1024 interval is
not perfect for 50Hz PAL.  I did some experimentation with other freqs,
but couldn't really make it smooth, have manually patched to force
usleep which is "smoother".  I still get occasionaly situations where it
jitters, but pausing and unpausing fixes it (ie it's jittering around a
frame redraw interval).

Anyone else got any notes on PAL?

Ed W