[mythtv] Non timeshifted livetv (wishlist)

Matthew Robinson mattyrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 19:54:31 UTC 2005

I'd like to beable to have a menu option to watch non timeshifted livetv -
hopefully somebody who can code will agree with me.

I've done a little bit of research and found this in man tvtime:

-k, --slave
Disables keyboard input in tvtime for slave mode.  Slave  mode was added  for
integration with PVR applications like freevo or mythtv, so that freevo can
handle keyboard input while tvtime  is  running. In slave mode, keystrokes
are ignored but they are printed to standard output, and commands are read
from standard input in the  same syntax as tvtime-command.

PS:
this has been on the mailing list before (found it in the archives around
mythtv 0.7 - http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/2899 )

I hope this is the right place to post this - sorry if its not.