[mythtv] Re: [experimental patch] vbi decoder for IVTV cards

Johan Duinkerken johan.duinkerken at hccnet.nl
Fri Apr 8 16:37:26 UTC 2005

OK, some progress... :-)

I can watch teletext in color on my computer-monitor with a nice, stable
picture. Furthermore, I've got my ivtv-framebuffer working, so MythTV shows
on my TV as well. But. On TV the movie shows ok, the OSD shows ok (even in
color!), but teletext does not show.

I'm quite sure that something is activated, because after pressing the
"T"-button, which normally activates teletext, I notice that my "up" and
"down" keys (to switch channels) don't respond anymore. As soon as I press
"T" again, to switch (the invisble) teletext off, my "up" and "down" keys
work again.

Shouldn't teletext be visible if OSD does show on my TV-set?

Best regards,
Johan Duinkerken.