[mythtv] Failed DVB recording

Tomi Orava tomimo+mythtv-dev at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Fri Apr 8 06:50:34 UTC 2005

> In regards to all of this it could be one of 2 things:
>
> 1. Drivers not properly opening section filtering for the PMT PID
> requested..
> 2. Myth not doing cleanup when closing Section Filters..
>
> I have NEVER seen this with my cards (Happauge Nova/Nexus, Skystar2,
> Air2PC, and
> (briefly used so far) pcHDTV2k)..
>
> What cards are you using again?  Are the Full Feature cards or software
> filtering cards?

I have seen this same error message with TechnoTrend DVB-C 1.0 PCI-cards
(I have 2 of them) and to my knowledge this problem seems to occur quite
often the first time my system has been powered on. In the case I see this
error message the first time when I try recording with either of the
cards, the fix has been to reboot the machine and try again. Until today,
another
boot has always fixed my problems and everything has been working just
fine after that.

I personally suspect that at least my own problems are related to
Fedora 3 kernel 2.6.10-1.770 as I think that I did not detect similar
problems while briefly testing regular 2.6.11 kernel version.

Regards,
Tomi Orava