[mythtv] New configure --prefix is not updating settings.pro

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Apr 7 22:17:05 UTC 2005

On 08/04/2005, at 12:37 AM, Isaac Richards wrote:
> Absolutely not.  Self compiled software goes into /usr/local.

	On platforms that have MythTV installed by default
(KnoppMyth) or by the user from packages, they go into /usr,
and CVS builds then go somewhere else.

	I guess I am trying to subtly change the behaviour
on Debian boxes - to upgrade the current packages.

	What if configure looked for current versions
(`which mythbackend`) and then asked the user if they
want to overwrite it?
And, if that was the case, how many people think
that the default (if there is one) should be yes?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  when you stop believing