[mythtv] 350 pass through

Nathan Hesson nhesson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:15:22 UTC 2005

I had an interesting thought. I have a Real Magic Hollywood Plus MPEG
decoder card. I do NOT want to use the card because I know the drivers for
it suck and what not but I think the concept could be used. the decoder card
actually passes through the vga output and when you open an application for
viewing an mpeg encoded file then it scales an appropriate box on top of the
mpeg encoder.
Now what if myth had some sort of internal switching to allow for a video
card to be piped through the composite or s-video input on the pvr-350 and
the back out of the 350's outputs. Then when you want to watch fullscreen
video(dvd, live tv, recordings) it could change 350 to be the valid X server
and display accordingly. I would probably take a dual headed X server but
should work(If I have thought through it right, but I may have missed
something). This would allow to have the faster decoding and the ability to
use openGL and things like that.
I'm just throwing this out as a possibility. If this has been previously
discussed please let me know.
Just an Idea

Nathan

--