[mythtv] Upcoming 0.18 release

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Tue Apr 5 19:09:27 UTC 2005

On di, 2005-04-05 at 14:51 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 April 2005 02:10 pm, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:
> > Is there any non-coding / committing work to be done for the upcoming
> > release of 0.18 that some of us on the dev list can help with to make
> > sure things go smoothly and to take the load of of some of the core
> > developers?  Change logs / tarballs?  Please let us know, I personally
> > am willing to help and I am sure there are others on this list that
> > feel the same way.
>
> Changelog's the biggest thing.  I'm not sure if Donavan's started on one in
> the wiki yet or not.
>
> Isaac

Is there anything else that a non-programmer can do to help resolve the
craches with the full live-tv buffer? There was another tread on this
issue on the user list last week. I know you (Isaac) don't have the
problem on your machine but apparently quite a few do. I have personally
seen this on 3 different backend machines (one with a PVR150, a 250 and
one with a PVR350, so all ivtv cards). Would it be usefull to provide
another backtrace on this?
Can a few other people on this list try to lower the size of their live
tv buffer and see if live-tv keeps working when it reaches max size and
report back?

If I remember correctly the problem first appeared a few days before
the .17 release around the same time there where playback problems at
the end of a recording. That problem was fixed before the .17 release
but i was thinking it might be related...

Steven