[mythtv] commercial-flagging "413% Completed" (new "immediate"

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Apr 5 08:06:12 UTC 2005

> I enabled the new "start commercial flagging immediately after
> recording" feature in mythtv-setup for the first time this evening.
>
> There is some kind of bug with the completion calculations:

> 413% Completed @ 31.3236 fps. |

Is this current CVS or an older version?  I put in a patch to fix
this a couple days ago.  When running the ~realtime flagging,
it should just display total frames scanned and FPS, not
percentage complete.

> I don't know when this will finish. Typically, the post-recording
> commercial flagging finishes in about 66% real-time (e.g., 40 minutes
> to flag a 60-minute show).

Since I assume you're recording NTSC, it should have finished right
after the recording completed.  According to the FPS indicated above,
flagging was running at slightly faster than the recording was
recording.  When using the ALL detection method with ~realtime
flagging, the flagger waits for about 510 seconds before it starts
flagging.  It stars it's FPS timer at 30 seconds into the
recording though, so when it is going through flagging, it bases its
FPS on the time elapsed since 30-seconds into the recording.  Then
it throttles itself to try to keep the flagging average FPS within
about 0.1 FPS of the recording FPS.  So, when the 510 second mark rolls
around and flagging starts, it's average FPS is 0 so it runs faster to
catch up, but when it gets closer to catching up, it's average FPS
gets closer to the recording FPS and it starts throttling itself.

> It's not finished yet, so I don't know how the actual flagging has
> been affected (in terms of correctness). FWIW, the show is FOX "24".

Shouldn't have mattered, it was a display issue that I think I fixed
in CVS already.

--

Chris