[mythtv] Skipping Commercials When Not Done Flagging

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Apr 5 07:56:47 UTC 2005

> > This is true for me as well, I use an EPIA M9000 board with the
> > integrated C3 933Mhz CPU.  It's incredibly slow at commercial flagging
> > and other CPU oriented tasks.
>
> I have to agree, my via c3 is very slow, and commercial flagging can
> sometimes get a week behind with two encoder cards until I use my Mac
> to help catch up.  It would be nice to be able to skip in partially
> flagged shows.

This won't help you if you're behind in flagging since the jobs are still
put on the JobQueue, they are just put on at the beginning when a recording
starts rather than at the end.

If your C3 can't keep up with the shows you're recording even after
they're done then there's no way it will keep up with the semi-realtime
flagging unless you don't have any other jobs running and your system is
fast enough to play 1 recording while recording another.

--

Chris