[mythtv] Skipping Commercials When Not Done Flagging

Ben bmythtvdevel at k9sr.us
Tue Apr 5 02:22:34 UTC 2005

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

>You're saying that in addition to the full hour while the show is
>running it takes an additional hour to flag a one hour show for you?

No, what I'm saying is that at 7:30 (halfway through the 1 hour show
that started at 7:00), commercial flagging is not done, because the show
isn't done airing (it would be done at 8:00).  However, I want to be
able to skip commercials that have already been marked (my processor
flags in ~realtime, so the first 30 minutes should already be flagged).
So at 7:30, when I'm watching the stuff that aired 30 minutes ago, I
can't skip the commercials because, as far as the Myth database is
concerned, the show has not finished being flagged.  But I know that the
flags for the first 30 minutes should be done by 7:30, when I first
start watching the show.

Ben