[mythtv] Timezone handling bug

Jonathan Watmough jonathan.watmough at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 02:07:56 UTC 2005

After the spring forward, my guide data is now incorrect. I cleared
the program table and run mythfilldatabase again, but the data is
still incorrect.

I reset the /etc/localtime link from CST6CDT which is correct, to
America/Chicago which should also be correct, but the problem of my
guide being an hour early persisted.

The 'solution' was to temporarily link to America/New York, run
mythfilldatabase, then reset the link to normal.

Mythtv appears to pick up the correct time according to my
/etc/localtime, but the mythfilldatabase code appears to 'lose' the
hour forward.

I'm running the CVS from a few days ago, if that helps anyone.

I looked on Google, but most peoples problem appears to be related to
not setting the tz properly. Am I missing something ?

Thanks
Jonathan