[mythtv] http status reporting wrong host for remote encoders

DavidB mythtv at TheBlains.net
Sat Apr 2 22:14:47 UTC 2005

> With cvs as of 1:30pm EST, april 2, '05: the http status
> reported by my master mythbackend reports that the remote
> encoder in the slave backend is "local on localhost".  I
> don't know yet if the master backend is truly confused about
> the slave encoder --- I'll know tonight, I suppose, when my
> system is scheduled to record on both encoders.  But at least
> playing live tv still works on both encoders.
>
> The relevant snippet of the http status output (via lynx -dump):
> ======
> Encoder status
>
>    Encoder 1 is local on localhost and is not recording.
>    Encoder 2 is local on localhost and is not recording.
> ======
> This output is wrong because Encoder 2 is actually remote on
> host "mythslave".
>
> Peter

Peter,

I submitted a patch to this list last night that should fix that problem and
one that would cause the web page to go into an infinite loop if a remote
encoder was offline.

If you can't find it in the list, I can re-send it to you.

David.