[mythtv] A DVB / HDTV thank you..

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Fri Apr 1 23:01:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 11:23:12PM -0700, Blammo wrote:
> Just wanted to say a big thank you to all those involved in helping
> make Myth a better tool, both testers and developers.
>
> For the first time, since 0.17 came out, I actually had an HD
> recording of Alias this week that didn't drop audio completely at some
> point in the recording. (most recent CVS). I don't remember the date
> when 0.17 came out, but it's been a while...  I'm not sure I can point
> to WHICH fix did it, but thank you.

The + key can become your friend.  It's got a key placement on my
remote.  The + changes between audio subchannels in an HD stream.  ABC
and Fox where I live both have the bad habbit of screwing up the audio
channels.  Lost for example has started 3 times in the last 4 months
with *no* audio subchannels, 2-5 minutes into the show suddenly the
show changes from a 16:9 to 4:3 as my local ABC station obviously
switches which feed it's taking from the national transmitters..  ABC's
screwed the audio up several times.  My local fox station often sends
out two audio subchanenls, one 2ch one 5.1ch.  When watching a show in
playback mode suddenly audio changes between 2ch and 5.1ch or just
vanishes.  Hitting the + key gets audio back.  I'm not sure if it's Fox
or Myth at this point.  If I jump sections of playback where it triggers
if I'm watching it, it won't switch..  I don't know enough about ATSC to
know if it's sending a "change subchannel" in the HD stream or if Myth's
doing this, but other than Lost I've never not had audio...  And I'm
coming up on 2 years of HD in myth.

--Brandon