[mythtv] DRM VSync

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Fri Apr 1 15:49:25 UTC 2005

Doug Larrick wrote:
> Ivor Hewitt wrote:
>
>>Would it be more accurate for mythtv to actually time the drm sync
>>interval to establish the refresh rate rather than use the refresh rate
>>reported by X? or does it just use that value as a guide?
>
> Probably not.  Reading what's specified to the hardware should be more
> precise, if not more accurate, than measuring observed behavior.

But I thought the code was using that vrefresh time to calculate what
time interval to expect between frames, therefore surely timing the
actual interval the hardware is flagging would be more accurate than
asking what X had been told it was using.

> Measuring would also only work for those few vsync methods that can
> actually sync to the hardware.

Yes I was only referring to a possible change to the drm vsync logic.

Anyway I'm probably completely wrong! I was just curious. :-)

Cheers,

--
Ivor
http://www.ivor.it