[mythtv] preferred way of submitting patches

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Sep 30 16:56:41 EDT 2004

> I'm fixing some pass-by-reference warnings spread throughout a few files in
> mythweb, and wanted to ask Chris if he prefers that I combine them into one
> patch or have a separate patch for every affected file.

group by "topic"..  thus, if the pass-by-reference fix spans 5 files, a
patch of those 5 is fine..  But don't also include a translation update,
etc.

-Chris

PS.  next time, put "mythweb" in the subject -- I almost missed this
message (I tend to skim the main list pretty lightly, but
mythweb/nuvexport subjects get filed separately so I don't miss them)