[mythtv] Re: compiling mythtv frontend for cygwin

Mario L superm1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:04:03 EDT 2004

I just had it zipped up and ready to send when I realized how much it
REALLY hates to be taken out of its friendly cygwin environment.  When
trying to run outside ( or on another machine for that matter), it
seems to miss the PREFIX defined in settings.pro to be /usr/local
(which obviously doesn't resolve to anything on windows).

The only reason that it was working before for me outside the
directory is because I declared some environment variables and had the
cygwin directory directly in my path.  I Have a feeling there are a
bit more dependancies to this.  As soon as I have a chance ( and as
soon as CVS decides to work again)  I could put all of this into a
diff file and you could build yourself, or try to make sense of my
messy notes.
----------------------------
Steps for Building:
----------------------------
First Cygwin with Xorg.
Get a copy of the mysql tarball and build that in cygwin without the server.
Then get QT/X11 and all of its dependancies and build that including
mysql support.
Get all of myth's depndancies, most are avail through cygwin, except
lame and qt.
Get lame.
Download myth cvs from a linux box and rename the G.A.N.T directory,
it seems to have issues.  Transport back to windows box.
Apply my changes (And soon to be patches).
You'll be where I am.

Once this is functioning completely correctly, I'll install virtual PC
with a clean copy of 2k/XP and work out the dependancies.  After that
you could pray for a nice easy to follow installer instead of having
to compile all of these crazy things.

I am thinking of actually wiping QT/X11 and going for QT/Win32, to rid
all of the X11 stuff.  Myth is only dependant on DirectX for video,
but QT for all of the GUI, so that all shows up in X on windows

Sorry if that wasn't what you wanted to hear, but that is where I am
with this mess, if you still want a zip of it complaining about mysql
then I'll still put it up on some sort of Ftp.