[mythtv] CVS "move away XXX; it is in the way" weirdness?

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Sep 23 18:49:42 EDT 2004

> Don't quote me, but I think this occurs when the CVS file is deleted
> and then a new file with the same name created, ie complete
> replacement.

	Looks like I have never "added" that file:

% egrep ca libs/libmyth/CVS/Entries

%

> It should be safe to just delete your file (like the message implies),
> and recreate it with:
> cvs update -dP
>
> (Dont forget your options or you won't get new files!)

	Not a problem:

% cat ~/.cvsrc
cvs -z3
update -P -d -I moc_* -I *.app -I *.dylib -I .gdb_history
co -P
rm -f

%

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "People say I'm strange, does it
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |        make me a stranger?