[mythtv] CVS "move away XXX; it is in the way" weirdness?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 23 16:40:42 EDT 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 16:11, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 22 September 2004 21:27, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> >>% cvs update
> >>? libs/libmyth/audiooutputca.cpp
> >>? libs/libmyth/audiooutputca.h
> >>cvs update: Updating libs/libmyth
> >>cvs update: move away libs/libmyth/audiooutputca.cpp; it is in the
> >>way C libs/libmyth/audiooutputca.cpp
> >>cvs update: move away libs/libmyth/audiooutputca.h; it is in the
> >> way C libs/libmyth/audiooutputca.h

[snip]

> Actually, I think this happens when the CVSROOT or the path given
> on the command line doesn't match the path in the existing
> "./CVS/Root" file. If they are not the same it thinks you are
> on drugs and in a directory for some other project. Set your
> CVSROOT to match what's already in the Root file and it should
> be happy.

Wouldn't it have choked on more than just those 2 files then?

Also, from the 'cederqvist' CVS manual:

	A repository specified with -d will override the $CVSROOT environment
	variable. Once you've checked a working copy out from the repository,
	it will remember where its repository is (the information is recorded
	in the `CVS/Root' file in the working copy).

	The -d option and the `CVS/Root' file both override the $CVSROOT
	environment variable. If -d option differs from `CVS/Root', the former
	is used. Of course, for proper operation they should be two ways of
	referring to the same repository.

-JAC

PS- I guess we're getting OT here...