[mythtv] Debugging of mythbackend

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Tue Sep 21 20:04:46 EDT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 Emlyn.Bolton at nokia.com wrote:
]Won't work right - gdb needs to know how to interpret the sig32s to deal with
]threads properly.  A functional gdb doesn't show the sig32 events at all.
]
]Isaac
]
]
]Thanks!
]Is there anything special required to get gdb working properly - other components compiled with debug support, for example? Do I need some kernel level support?
]
]Is there anybody on the list with Gentoo and a working gdb?

Ah, gentoo...
If "file /lib/libpthread*" has "stripped" anywhere in the output try
this...

FEATURES=nostrip emerge glibc

You may need to have "-g" in your CFLAGS.

-- Daniel

]
]