[mythtv] gcc 3.3.4 prob? Or is the user a muppet...

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Sep 21 08:05:29 EDT 2004

Rob Hillis wrote:

> Ed Wildgoose wrote:
>
>> distcc[6358] ERROR: compile (null) on localhost failed
>> make: *** [settings] Error 1
>

> Did you try compiling the various libraries first?  Myth frequently
> doesn't compile correctly with distcc if the libraries aren't compiled
> first.  I usually compile libavcodec, libavformat, libmyth, libmythtv
> then give the libs directory a shot to compile anything else left over
> before doing a global make.

Yeah, the underlying dirs compile ok (although I haven't rebuilt their
makefiles I guess).  Distcc and ccache have been removed from the
equation as well

The problem seems to stem from changing something which has caused qmake
to generate different makefiles from before (I can upload the two
makefiles if someone wants to look?)  It has a similar header, but
different content.  If I copy back an old Makefile from a previous CVS
snapshot then it builds fine.  Likewise on that old snapshot if I
generate a new makefile then it causes the same error as before....

I don't think I changed QT versions though, so it must be some template
file for qmake which has got corrupted.  Anyone know how this stuff works?

Thanks

Ed W