[mythtv] DVBCam Class

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 14:11:17 EDT 2004

With my DVB massive tuning and scanning changes I now have the code scanning, and tuning based on
a new database structure.. I am working with John Pullan who is helping integrating these changes
into the setup program..

I am looking at the DVBCam class which currently gets sent the raw PMT and parses it itself, and I
don't understand enough about the cam code to know if you actually need the raw PMT sent to this
class, or if I could pass a better structure of pre-parsed PMT that I will use for implimenting
Auto-PID (most likely as an option since there are some complaints about dvb tuning speed).  Is
there anyone who can take a look at this code who has a cam module and let me know if I can get
rid of sending this raw PMT to the class?  If I get no responses I will dig into it myself and
hope that I don't break it since I have no way of testing this.

Taylor