[mythtv] Patch for Via XvMC VLD QMatrix Decoding

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Sep 20 09:56:00 EDT 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 09:30 am, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> Terry,
> As I mentioned on unichrome enhancing the via osd is my project for this
> week. :-)
> Yes, it would be possible to patch up the BlendtoI44 to create a colour
> list... but when I did this before the performance was, um, less than
> impressive. Or to hack up a pseudo colour version of the palette...
> (which produced okish results but didn't get rid of the OSD stutter).

How are you going to get a 16 color palette to look right, when all the OSD
themes assume a full color palette?  That's the entire reason it's in b&w.

> However, I was planning on creating a new OSDI44Surface type, to hold
> and handle the OSD in native format instead. I'll let you know if I get
> anywhere.

That'll be even worse performance - the current blending code is MMX
optimized, and if you change the internal surface format, you'll lose that.

Isaac