[mythtv] Video Problems with BT848

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sat Sep 18 15:28:20 EDT 2004

>> I think it's when the "reset, reinitialize" part happends the
>> picture is all black. I get this problem maybe a few times a week.
>> I've always thought it was the crappy via chipset that caused it,
>> but i'm not sure.
>>
>> When i was using linux 2.4 kernel instead if theese messages the
>> computer locked up hard. But with 2.6 kernel it creates black
>> picture instead.
>>
>> I've never found a solution to the problem.
>
> Well, I can see that we are having the same problem as I found the
> same errors. I am not sure that it is just related to the
> kernel/driver though as I have been using this exact same hardware
> for the last 9 months with Myth with no problems until two or three
> weeks ago. Why the change? Also, I have not been able to reproduce
> the problem when encoding to RTJPEG, or while using ffmpeg/MPEG4
> instead of Myth. Seems like it is a kernel/driver problem that is
> induced by something external to the kernel. -Neil Whelchel-

Maybe mythtv can be convinced to periodicaly reset the colors to what they
shoud be, maybe once every minute or so.
That woud atleast workaround the problem.

When this problem happends to a recording i can usualy just kill the backend
and start it again and it will continue recording but with proper colors.