[mythtv] pcHDTV oddity

Doug Larrick dougl at charter.net
Fri Sep 17 21:57:42 EDT 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 September 2004 10:45, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
>>Doug Larrick wrote:

>>>Can you post output of
>>>'mythfrontend --verbose playback'?
>>
>>Not at the moment, but I certainly will once I have an opportunity
>>(probably end-of-day). Thanks Doug!
>

> Here's that output, with some annotations:

[snipped]

I don't have much advice about your audio difficulties.  If you play
back one of the garbled recordings in mplayer or xine, is it still garbled?

As far as 720p: The only thing I see off the top of my head is that
you're using 'sleep with busy-wait' video timing, which could possibly
consume some extra CPU.  Is there any way you could (a) build with
OpenGL video sync (and make sure you're running nVidia's 61xx driver),
or (b) change the permissions on /dev/rtc and 'echo 1024 >
/proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq' so that you can use a better video
timing method?

720p *is* more demanding than 1080i because it's double the framerate.
If you use bob deinterlace (which is also double the framerate), do you
have similar problems on your 1080i stations?

-Doug