[mythtv] voice mail plugin

David George david at thegeorges.us
Fri Sep 17 08:32:58 EDT 2004

I posted this to the -users list yesterday, but don't like crossposting
so I figured I would send a separate message to the -dev list today.

========

It doesn't look like I'll ever get the time to work on the frontend for
the voice mail plugin I am using.  I have been using the backend to
answer my phone since May and wrote a really crude web interface so my
wife can check the messages without my help.  I have tested with
Multitech ZPX PCI and Zoom 2985L USB voice modems.  There is some
support for the AOpen FX56 something or other (sorry don't remember off
top of my head).

Anyway to make a short story a little longer.  If anyone would like to
try out using a voice modem to answer their phone I have published the
source code on my web site http://thegeorges.us/mythtv .

Like I said the web interface is *real* crude.  If someone familiar with
MythWeb could make it more integrated that would be great.

Also, I started working on the mythfrontend interface.  The source code
for that is on the web site also.  I am not a QT programmer and my plate
is a little full right now to immerse myself in it, but if someone would
be willing to help out with that also that would be great.

Thanks,
David