[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-users] Pre-scaling theme images

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Sep 15 20:11:43 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Wednesday 15 September 2004 08:58 am, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>

>>(to the -dev list):  is there a good reason for this behavior?  If not,
>>I'll look into patching it to not delete the theme cache, or at least
>>maybe to come up with a better way of determining if a theme cache is
>>truly 'stale'.
>>

>I just don't like littering up user's homedir.  Figured one resolution (and
>the default, of course) was enough.  What possible use is running one
>frontend instance at multiple resolutions, anyway, once you've got everything
>setup properly?

I often access the frontend via X-Windows from a remote computer that
always ends up being at an odd resolution or something other than the
800x600 on the frontend normally.  It's not so much that it happens
alot, just that when it does happen, it seems strange that the frontend
also "forgets" about the standard 800x600 cache just because I logged in
remotely to check something.  It never really bothered me but maybe if
it happens often enough or is slow enough it is noticeable and worth
addressing for some.

Kevin