[mythtv] Scalability

Brian Scully scullduggery at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 17:28:19 EDT 2004

> >I have been using Mythtv with a rather large storage unit that manages to
> >hold 2000+ programs. This seems to create a problem as it takes several
> >minutes to draw the list of recorded programs. Anyone have any thoughts as
> >to how to speed this up?

1) Have you tuned MySQL for performance on your system?  Just boosting
the standard things like key_buffer and table_cache parameters can
give a big performance boost.

2) If you have tuned MySQL for your server, turn on slow query logging
and send the log - i'll be happy to look at explain plans on the slow
queries.

Brian