[mythtv] MythChannels status

Marco Gigante m.gigante at cpr.it
Wed Sep 15 09:18:07 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 12:07:49PM +0200, Oscar Carlsson wrote:
> Marco Gigante wrote, On 2004-09-15 10:39:
> >Is there something I'm missing to edit and organize channels (DVB, analog,
> >etc.)? I'm going to compile and test MythWeb, but I'm looking for something
> >usable from withing mythfrontend (not via MythBrowser).
> Look at the setup app

Sure, already done.

But what I'm looking for is something more sofisticated for, e.g.:
- channels scanning (v4l, DVB-x, etc.)
- channels grouping (per provider, per type, custom categories, etc.)
- manual channel editing (like mythsetup does)
- automatic database filling

All these operations should be done via standard frontend interface.
I'm quite new to mythtv and I don't know it very well, but adding such a
features maybe needs a database structure change, frontend/backends
interaction (channel scannig must be done on backends right?), and I don't
know what else.

If all this can be already done by other way, can someone point me into
right direction? My idea is to get mythchannels updated to current cvs.

Marco Gigante