[mythtv] Problems with deinterlacing playback

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Sep 11 22:39:08 EDT 2004

On channel changes I'm seeing the occasional problem with the kernel
deinterlacing filter where it looks like every second line is shifted
horizontally.

I've grabbed a picture of the screen to show what is happening:
http://scuznet.dyndns.org:8888/files/temp/DSCF0001.JPG (notice that the
OSD is still ok)

I'm using a GF4 MX440 with the latest drivers from nvidia (6111).

When changing from a good channel to a bad one, I get 'unknown
conversion' printed to the console. The picture remains like in the
screen shot until changing channels again prints 'unknown conversion' to
the console.

If it happens, exiting to the menu and selecting live tv again usually
fixes it.

I also can't attribute it to a particular channel. If I cycle through
our 5 channels here (Sydney, AU), sometimes the channels changes
correctly a few times, after a few channel changes the problem occurs
(unknown conversion is printed), then for a few more changes the problem
remains (nothing printed to the console), then after a few more changes
it is fixed (unknown conversion is printed). ...where 'few' is usually 1
- 4 channel changes.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
-Kent