[mythtv] (possible bug) errors in PVR recordings

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Thu Sep 9 14:53:19 EDT 2004

Hi,

Noticed skipping in playing back recording from the last few days. Tried
to play the recording in mplayer and the skips where there as well.

Just noticed these in the logs while recording:

---------------
DB Error (delta position map insert):
Query was:
INSERT INTO recordedmarkup (chanid, starttime, mark, type, offset)
VALUES ( '1004', '20040909203000', 269, 6, "72060966");
Driver error was [2/1016]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Can't open file: 'recordedmarkup.MYI'. (errno: 145)

2004-09-09 20:32:36 IOBOUND - blocking in ThreadedFileWriter::Write()

So it looks like corruption in my recordedmarkup table is causing the
bad mpg files.

I've done a repair table recordedmarktup and the problem seems to have
gone away but my recording of 24 s3 episode 1 is bad and WAF has dropped
:-( (sorry Henk)

(on a side note, I've been getting quite a gew recordedmarkup
corruptions in the last month or so, any tips to prevent/automaticly
repair these?)