[mythtv] Possible problem: MythTV + SECAM TV-OUT: OSD modify the number of lines

Coume - MythTVtalk.com coume at mythtvtalk.com
Thu Sep 9 05:59:31 EDT 2004

Hello,

First of all, I'm writing this email on the behalf of another French guy, who does not speak English. http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=905#905
And I searched the ML before posting but I could not find any related prbl.

So the problem:
In using the PVR350 TV-OUT, MythTV changes the OSD height from 576 to 480

$mythfrontend -v all
$...
$Image size. imgx 0, imgy: 0, imgw: 720, imgh: 480
$...
Basically, the image is great but the top of the OSD is repeated at its bottom. And once, you quit the TV all the screens get this problem.

To make another small test, he tried out that in PAL format:
- Set the first tuner as PAL (/bin/ivtvctl -d /dev/video0 -u 0xFF;)
- The image is all messed up, normal since it is not the right format, but the OSD is fine.
- Change tuner using the key Y, and use the SECAM tuner (configured SECAM)
THEN The image is correct and the OSD too!

So there is a problem in handling the SECAM cards, which seems to come from Myth.
The code snippet where the OSD size is defined seems to be this one:
mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videooutbase.cpp : line 584
    VERBOSE(VB_PLAYBACK,
            QString("Image size. dispxoff %1, dispyoff: %2, dispwoff: %3, "
                    "disphoff: %4")
            .arg(dispxoff).arg(dispyoff).arg(dispwoff).arg(disphoff));

I hope I manage to explain the prbl :/

If it is relevant, he is running:
mythtv 0.15.1
ivtv 107 series Chris Kennedy
Gentoo - kernel 2.6

So what do you think of that? Is it a known issue?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Ludovic Coumétou
--